Frequently Asked Questions
- What is GoScreening?
- How do I get my screeners on GoScreening?
- What does GoScreening do with my DVD screener once it is received?
- How do I send screeners to my contacts?
- How do my contacts view my screeners?
- How much does it cost my contacts to view screeners?
- How can I track who accesses the screeners that I send?
- What does GoScreening do to secure my content?
- How much does it cost me to get my screeners up on GoScreening?
- Can I have my own screening room which looks like my company's web site, with my branding, and my company messaging?
- Why do I have to MAIL you a DVD? Why can't I just upload my films and videos?
- How can I get answers to questions not in this FAQ, or get clarification on items in this FAQ?
1. What is GoScreening?
GoScreening is a service which allows distributors to privately share long-form video screeners online with buyers and other contacts.
GoScreening reduces the overall resources, costs, and time involved with replicating and sending physical DVD screeners.
Additionally, GoScreening allows the distributor to track whether sent videos are being accessed, and which contacts are accessing them.
2. How do I get my screeners on GoScreening?
In order to get your screeners on GoScreening:
- Create a password by going to http://www.goscreening.com, and scrolling down to the "Create a password" prompt.
- Once you have registered, in the "My Video Library" section, submit information about the screeners that you want to get online.
- Once you are done, in the "My Video Library" section, click on the "Send a DVD" link next to each screener which you would like to get online.
- Follow the instructions in the subsequent pages and mail us 1 DVD of each screener you would like to see in your screening room.
Once we receive your DVD screeners, we will place them online in your private screening room.
You will be able to stream each of your screeners from the "My Video Library" section.
3. What does GoScreening do with my DVD screener once it is received?
We encode your DVD into 2 formats:
- High Quality Flash Video (FLV) for on-demand streaming online on a PC or a MAC.
- Download directly to DVD-R for playback on any standard DVD player (Windows XP or Vista).
We also assign 100 digital copies to your screener. Each digital copy is good for one send to anyone you wish.
Once we receive your DVD, it will usually take us anywhere from 24 - 48 hours to get your DVD online in your screening room.
We will notify you, via e-mail, once your DVD screener is online.
4. How do I send screeners to my contacts?
Once we have notified you that your DVD is online, you can go to the "My Contacts" section to begin building your list of contacts.
Once you have created a contact list, you may begin sending them online screeners. In order to do so:
- Place a check next to each contact to whom you wish to send a screener
- On the next screen, choose the screener that you want to send as well as a personal message to send to chosen recipients
- On the final screen, confirm your recipients, the title being sent, and personal message to send your screener
5. How do my contacts view my screeners?
Your recipients will receive an e-mail from email@example.com with the subject "Free Online Screening from <Your Name>". <Your name> is substituted with the name which you signed up to GoScreening with. If you chose YOUR name and wish to use your company's name instead, simply click into the "Account Settings" section and change your registered name.
The e-mail sent to screener recipients will contain:
- The name of the title which you are sending to screen
- The personal message you specified when you sent the screener
- YOUR e-mail address should the recipient wish to contact you
- OUR e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org), should your recipient need technical support
- A personal, private, one-time use only link which gives your recipient access to screen your video
Once your recipients click through or copy and paste the link in their web browser, they will be
- Auto-registered to GoScreening, if they have never used the service before
- Prompted to watch your video
Once the recipient accepts to watch your video, they will have 30 days to do so, from the time which they confirm the invitation on the web site.
6. How much does it cost my contacts to view screeners?
Nothing. Your contacts view your screeners for FREE.
7. How can I track who accesses the screeners that I send?
In the "My Video Library" section, there will be a "VIEW STATS" link next to each of your screeners. Click this link in order to get usage statistics for your screener.
From within this section, the "Sends" screen will show a listing of each individual to whom the screener was sent. If a screener was sent to an individual more than once, the individual will STILL only appear once on this list.
The "Accesses" screen will show a listing of each time the screener was accessed as well as WHO accessed the screener.
8. What does GoScreening do to secure my content?
When you send screeners to your contacts, the system generates a unique, one-time use only, web link.
Once an individual clicks through the link to gain access to your video, the link in the e-mail may not be used again.
Access to the video is locked to the individual's GoScreening account that clicked through to watch your video.
Links to streams and download managers are locked to each recipient's browser and may not be publicly shared online.
9. How much does it cost me to get my screeners up on GoScreening?
There is a one-time $199.95 setup fee to get your DVD screener online. Upon setup, you will receive 100 FREE DIGITAL COPIES, good for one year. You can use each digital copy to send your online screener to anyone you wish.
You will be prompted to pay the setup fee, once you click on the "Send us a DVD" link next to your screener in the "My Video Library" section.
Should you run out of digital copies, you can purchase additional copies at:
- $60.00 for 20 digital copies
- $150.00 for 100 digital copies
- $650.00 for 500 digital copies
- $1200.00 for 1000 digital copies
Digital copies are good for one year from the date of purchase. Each digital copy is good for one send of your screener to anyone you wish.
10. Can I have my own screening room which looks like my company's web site, with my branding, and my company messaging?
Yes! We can build and host a screening room of your very own.
The screening room can be made to look like your web site, with your logo's and design.
The website's messaging on-site and in e-mails can also be customized to meet your needs.
To request a quote, please e-mail us at email@example.com with the subject "My Screening Room".
11. Why do I have to MAIL you a DVD? Why can't I just upload my films and videos?
We prefer to encode and upload for many reasons.. Here are some
- We encode and upload large video files so you don't have to spend your time or resources doing so :)
- We specialize in longer form content, which usually means MUCH larger file sizes. These file sizes usually take longer to upload for most of our customers, as many don't have an upstream connection capable of quickly and efficiently uploading a LARGE DVD source file, which can be as large as 4GB.
- We have a proprietary encoding system which encodes your long-form video into a higher quality resolution for on-demand streaming. With our encoding system, streams will look closer to Hulu (higher quality), then they will to YouTube (lower quality).
- We also encode your video into a proprietary format, so that in ONE CLICK, recipients can download your video DIRECTLY to a DVD-R for high quality playback on any DVD player. No conversion tools or software needed!!
12. How can I get answers to questions not in this FAQ, or get clarification on items in this FAQ?
Please do not hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.